RCbenchmark motor and propeller database
Our goal is to offer a community-driven database, where anyone can upload and share their test data, greatly reducing the trial-and-error process typically required to optimize the propulsion system of your UAVs.
395 electric propulsion systems tested
Public tests were uploaded with a total of 47131 data samples.
How to select the right propulsion system to maximize flight time
Longest flight time for a 5 inch propeller, with 1 kg of thrust
The longest UAV flight time is achieved by finding the most power efficient powertrain in the intended working conditions, while satisfying all the design criteria. The results below assume 5 inches propellers and a constant hover with a powertrain thrust of 1kgf, with no extra control authority. The first result is the most efficient one, yielding the longest flight time.
- 2.86 gf/W at 1 kgf thrust: DYS Samguk Wei Dal Cyclone 5040
- 2.81 gf/W at 1 kgf thrust: DYS Samguk Wei HQ 5043
- 2.78 gf/W at 1 kgf thrust: DYS Samguk Wei Dal Cyclone 5045
- 2.74 gf/W at 1 kgf thrust: DYS Samguk Wei HQ 5045
- More: extract custom data with advanced filtering
125 drone parts in the database
Help us grow this database by adding more UAV and drone components, or by uploading test data.- 39 electric brushless motors
- 64 propellers for drone
- 22 electronic speed controllers (ESCs) for UAVs
Top 5 uploaders
Thank you to all the contributors.- 144 tests: pu jiao
- 59 tests: Julien Lariviere-Chartier
- 55 tests: Rob Hessler
- 22 tests: Gabrielle Tachet
- 21 tests: Audrey Schwartzenberger
5 biggest propellers tested
When designing a drone or UAV propulsion system, the first step would be to pick the most efficient propeller capable of generating the required thrust. Then pick the most efficient motor in the same operating conditions as the propeller (same torque/speed).- 77 kgf: T-Motor 62"x24" CF
- 32 kgf: Xoar PJP-T-L 40"x10"
- 28 kgf: Xoar PJP-T-L 47"x10"
- 27 kgf: Xoar PJP-T 36x12 prop
- 19 kgf: Xoar PJP-T-L 34"x14"
- More: all propellers
5 biggest brushless motors tested
The RCbenchmark brushless motor database will help you find multiple tests of electric motors that have been done with RCbenchmark thrust stands. Among them you can find the most powerful electric motors available on the market:- 13668 W: T-Motor U15XXL Kv29
- 5592 W: Xoar TA110-20 KV80
- 4309 W: Xoar TA130-25 KV80
- 4225 W: T-Motor U15 V1
- 2315 W: T-Motor U15 V2
- More: all motors
Highest 5 thrusts tested
Here are the top thrust propulsion systems in the database. The results include multi rotor propulsion systems.- 77 kgf: U15XXL with 62" prop
- 48 kgf: U15XXL and 62"Prop from T-motor
- 42 kgf: TA130-25 Kv80 Xoar47x10 T-motor U15 Kv80 Xoar40x10
- 42 kgf: Vary Speed - Xoar Coaxial 47 and 40 inch prop
- 39 kgf: TA130-25 Kv80 Xoar47x10 T-motor U15 Kv80 Xoar40x10
- More: all tests